Sunday, June 13, 2010

Over the Rainbow

I love that song! I call it "my song". I sing it often and love to hear it often. So much that my friends at work are sick of it. Once I had all different versions of this song and was playing it OVER AND OVER again, which of course drove all crazy. 


So, even though she is probably sick of this song (by me singing it often) my friend from work and team leader Rowan decided to buy me this awesome single now when she was in UK. Thank you Rowan! :)

Rowan makes some really cute and unique Amigurumi dolls which she sells in her Etsy shop called outoftheframe. She is very talented. She makes a story about each doll she makes so you are not buying just a doll, but a doll with a character. Its awesome!

Now, let me tell you a little bit of what this song really means to me.

 
"Somewhere over the rainbow
Way up high,
There's a land that I heard of
Once in a lullaby..."


To me, this song is a song of hope. It reminds me on the hope I have in Jesus and the Kingdom of Heaven. "There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby." And there truly is a land that I heard of. It is the best land that anyone would wish to live in. It's a land where all your dreams come true. It is a land full of joy and peace. No worries, no problems of the world, no war, nothing that harms us. It is a land where my king Jesus lives and where we can fully experience all the good gifts he has for us. It is a promise land that God intended me to live in. Not just me, but all my brothers and sisters who believe and trust Jesus as their Savior and the Lord of their lives. All who intentionally turn from their ways towards God and believe the good news - that Jesus Christ, son of God, came and died on the cross and resurrected and with that sacrifice He redeemed us from the sin that we were born into. He came to give us life - life in abundance. After we receive it, we do no longer belong to this world, but to His Kingdom... and until it comes, we are being ready for it.

Jesus said in Mark 1:15: 
"The time has come," he said. "The kingdom of God is near. Repent and believe the good news!"

He also said in Luke 17:20-21: 
"Once, having been asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, Jesus replied, "The kingdom of God does not come with your careful observation, nor will people say, 'Here it is,' or 'There it is,' because the kingdom of God is within you."

 "Somewhere over the rainbow
Skies are blue,
And the dreams that you dare to dream
Really do come true..."

And yes, dreams that we dare to dream really do come true. It is a promise which God promised in Psalm 37:4 "Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart." and in Mark 6:33 after saying how we shouldn't worry about what we will eat or wear "But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well."

I could go on and on about what God's word says about His kingdom and wonderful things He has for us, but for the sake of not making this a HUGE post, I am letting you to find that out for yourself by reading and searching the treasure book - the Bible.

3 comments:

  1. The last thing you need is ANOTHER version of that song!
    hehe. only kidding. I really enjoyed reading your post... it helped me understand you a little bit better. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for writing about me :) if you look at my blog tomorrow after 16:30 you will see that I have written about you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you KT :) You are sweet :)

    Rowan, you made me curious now :) hehehe

    ReplyDelete

I like to read comments - short or long. They make me smile :) So please don't hesitate to make me smile ;)