Thursday, June 3, 2010

The Fear of Failure

Perfectionist? Yeah, that's me. All the time and in everything? No, not really.


This is the pin cushion that I made today. Honestly, didn't put much thought into it and this is how it turned out - unperfect. It almost makes me feel bad (silly isn't it) that I made something like this, as if I disapointed myself.. well, I actually did. And yeah, I am going to destroy it since I cannot undo it. 


So now this experience produced fear inside of me - fear of failure - which, by the way, kills all creativity.

I have bought a lot of very nice fabric for making bags and I planned to make a tote bag today. But now, cause of this this failed project, I am afraid to even start... my mind is blank, providing no ideas whatsoever. 

So as the result, I am calling it off for today... until next time - after I get back my creativity. 

1 comment:

  1. you totally are a perfectonist! but thats not a bad thing... especially when you are also very talented! I'm sure you'll get your creativity back soon. xx

    ReplyDelete

I like to read comments - short or long. They make me smile :) So please don't hesitate to make me smile ;)