Monday, May 17, 2010

1st Finished Project - 1st Lessons Learned

YES! My first finished project and NO its not the first project I started :) 

I was planning to visit my best friend in a town nearby and I wanted to make her something. I decided so for couple of reasons; 1st I wanted to give her something nice, something made by ME and 2nd I wanted to encourage her to sew. 


As you can see this is a small jewelry or gift bag and I decided to make one 'cause I had one myself - which was pattern I used to make this one. In all that process that took a bit more then 3 hours I made some mistakes from which I can, of course, learn. 

Lesson  #1: Always adjust the thickness of the fabric to a project.
Lesson #2: Make sure to cut the fabric correctly.
Lesson #3: Make wider space between two stitches that make tube for strings.

So I guess with experience comes knowledge... I just hope it stays ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like to read comments - short or long. They make me smile :) So please don't hesitate to make me smile ;)